Club Sponsor  - The Sunday IndependentClub Sponsor - CarlsbergClub Sponsor - Tribute
MATCH REPORT: Truro City Vs Swindon Supermarine August 17th. 2019

MATCH REPORT: Truro City Vs Swindon Supermarine August 17th. 2019

By Truro City Football Club
19 August
Share via


Truro City 1-0 Swindon Supermarine

A Luke Jephcott header proved to be enough to give the White Tigers all three points on Saturday afternoon after a battling 1-0 win over Swindon Supermarine at Treyew Road.

Truro started the way they finished against Dorchester in midweek, in control and had a number of early opportunities.

Niall Thompson drilled a ball into the box that Ryan Law got on the end of but couldn’t direct it goal bound while Harrison Davis saw his free kick go straight into the Supermarine wall.

The Swindon wall did its job again minutes later to stop Will Dean’s free kick before Law saw an effort go wide of the target.

Man of the Match James Hamon then made a vital stop to deny the visitors after coming off his line quickly to sniff out the danger.

James Ward then saw a header rattle the cross bar as he latched onto a great cross from Dean as Truro kept knocking on the door.

Swindon’s resistance was finally broken on 37 minutes as another corner was whipped in and Luke Jephcott met it at the back post to head us in front.

Jephcott turned provider just before the break as he picked out Noah Keats, but the midfielder couldn’t keep his header down.

Going into the second period there were chances for both teams with both keepers making a number of great saves.

Keats had another chance to score after he beat two men and cut inside but his effort was straight at Horsell in the Supermarine net.

Thompson saw a shot saved before being replaced by Louis Rooney who nearly had an instant impact.

Rooney found himself played through 1v1 with the keeper, but a superb last-ditch tackle saved the day for the visitors and denied City a likely second.

The visitors looked threatening on the break and forced Hamon into a number of great saves although they were reduced to ten men as defender Matthew Coupe was given his marching orders.

There was a very late Truro scare which saw the visitors hit the bar but City held on to claim all three points.

City now sit two points clear at the top of the Southern League table and are now the only side in the division not to have conceded a goal. We are next in action on Saturday when we travel to The Meadow to take on Chesham United before welcoming Weston Super-Mare to Treyew Road the following Monday.

TRURO – Hamon, Davis, Law, Mbayo, Ward, Richards ©, Dean, Booth, Keats (Smallcombe 86), Thompson (Rooney 63), Jephcott.


MOTM – James Hamon

Share via