Club Sponsor  - The Sunday IndependentClub Sponsor - CarlsbergClub Sponsor - Tribute
MARCH REPORT: Truro City FC Vs Weston Super-Mare: August 26th. 2019

MARCH REPORT: Truro City FC Vs Weston Super-Mare: August 26th. 2019

By Truro City Football Club
27 August
Share via


It was a Bank Holiday Monday to forget for the White Tigers as we fell to our second defeat in three days as we fell down 0-2 against Weston Super-Mare at Treyew Road.

An unfortunate Jamie Richards own goal and a well taken finish by Nick McCootie proved to be enough to seal victory for the visitors.

After defeat at Chesham United on the Saturday, City welcomed the Somerset side to Cornwall looking to bounce straight back and looked set on doing that early on.

We fired out of the traps quickly and had a few chances inside the opening five minutes. Firstly, Luke Jephcott and Louis linked up well before the latter picked out Rio Garside who saw his shot blocked for a corner.

Minutes later Jephcott struck the cross bar after a curling effort from the righthand side. After dominating for the first ten minutes we failed to really test Niall Maher after the Jephcott chance, and the visitors started to get into the game more.

James Ward fantastically cleared the ball off the line on eighteen minutes, but the visitors wouldn’t be denied for long.

Just over a minute later Scott Laird launched a ball into the box. Hamon punched it onto the leg of captain Jamie Richards who couldn’t have done anything about as it bounced off him into the net.

City looked to react. Ward saw a header saved after a good cross from Dean, while Dean was once again involved as he fired just wide after some great work out wide by Rio Garside.

Weston soon doubled their advantage with Nick McCootie finishing off a brilliant passing move that cut through our backline.

Max Smallcombe and Noah Keats were introduced at the break and the latter fired a shot over the bar moments after coming on.

Will Dean then saw his free kick pushed away before Harrison Davis looked for Ryan Law at the back post but slightly over hit it.

James Hamon then made a brilliant save to deny the visitors a third while up the other end Niall Thompson came on and tried to create things up front, forcing the keeper into a good save.

Truro battled to the very end but failed to really test Niall Maher in the Weston goal despite late opportunities for Smallcombe, Thompson and Davis, as Weston comfortably claimed all three points.

Truro - Hamon, Davis, Law, Mbayo (Keats 45), Richards (C), Ward, Booth (Smallcombe 45), Dean, Garside (Thompson 76), Jephcott, Rooney.

Unused subs

N’Diaye, Yetton.

Attendance- 551

Yellows - None

Share via