Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Truro City Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

Bognor Regis Town
Truro City
Sat 3 Feb 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - National League South Full time Attendance 517

Bognor Regis Town 0 Truro City 2 (03.02.2018)

Hard-earned win for The White Tigers...

THE WHITE Tigers battled out an important three points from a 2-0 win at Bognor Regis Town in a game that saw a lengthy delay following a serious injury to the home goalkeeper, Dan Lincoln.
There was lively opening to the game as both sides started with purpose without either ‘keeper being tested in the opening 15 minutes.
Some good defending from Ed Palmer saw him deny Ibra Sekajja who looked to break through.
Having taken a knock on the ankle earlier in the game, Noah Keates was forced off on 17 minutes as Aaron Lamont took his place in the midfield.
There were a few wholesome challenges flying in from both sides in the opening exchanges.
A neat break from The White Tigers saw Cody Cooke seize upon a loose ball before linking up with Billy Palfrey who in turn picked out Tyler Harvey and he rattled the woodwork with his effort.
Shortly afterwards an inviting ball in from Connor Riley-Lowe found the head of Palmer who was just off target as we started to ask a few questions of our hosts.
After Stefan Ljubcic tried his luck with an acrobatic effort from the edge of the area which failed to trouble Tom McHale, a positive run from Jimmy Muitt ended with him dragging his strike from distance wide.
As half-time approached, Ben Harding did well out wide and his teasing cross picked out Harvey in space in front of goal but his deft header landed inches wide.
There was still time at the end of the opening period for a neat move from The White Tigers which ended with Lamont finding Harding whose curling effort produced a smart save.
The second half got underway with Cooke cutting inside and making room for a strike that was deflected wide.
We were looking the most likely side and forcing the home team into errors. Worse was to follow for Bognor when Ljubcic was sent off on his debut for leading with his elbow.
A neat move on the right with 20 minutes to go saw Cooke feed Harvey whose strike landed just wide of the target then Riley-Lowe’s cross to the far post evaded everyone.
The White Tigers were also reduced to ten men when Palmer brought down Muitt out wide and received his second yellow card.
Ben Swallow came off the bench to look likely for the home side and he fired into the side-netting before The White Tigers took the lead when Rocky Neal put a low ball into the danger zone where Ben Gerring managed to scramble the ball home to make it 1-0.
The home ‘keeper sustained what appeared to be a neck and back injury in the melee and he had to receive lengthy treatment in the wake of the goal. Two ambulances arrived on the scene as play was held up for around 40 minutes as the players returned to the dressing rooms.
Once the action restarted, Swallow had a great chance for the home side as he looked to go around McHale who was alert and did well to smother.
A low effort at the other end from Cooke brought out a superb save from Gary Charman, the outfield player who went in goal for our hosts.
It was a frantic finale as Charman made another outstanding save to this time deny Neal but he could do little to prevent The White Tigers doubling our advantage right at the death as Neal went through one-on-one before rounding the ‘keeper and slotting home to secure all three points.

WHITE TIGERS: McHale, Palfrey, Riley-Lowe, Palmer, Gerring, Richards, Hartridge, Keats (Lamont), Harvey (Neal), Cooke, Harding. Subs not used: Yetton, Copp, Thompson.
BOOKING(S): Palmer
RED CARD: Palmer
GOAL(S): Gerring, Neal

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Team sponsors


Club sponsors