Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Truro City Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

Bath City
Truro City
Sat 6 Jan 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - National League South Full time Attendance 612

Bath City 0 Truro City 0 (06.01.2018)

First goalless draw of the season as its honours even at Bath City...

THE WHITE Tigers had to settle for a share of the spoils with a goalless draw at Bath City.
The first effort of the game fell to Cody Cooke whose strike was saved by the home ‘keeper without too many problems.
At the other end, a free-kick delivered into the danger zone caused concern and as the ball flicked up off the head of Aaron Lamont, Tom McHale did well to tip the ball over the crossbar.
Some neat link-up play between Tyler Harvey and Cooke ended with the latter flashing the ball across the face of goal.
The home side put on the pressure when some bright play from Smith almost saw him find Jarvis, however Alex Hartridge, in for the suspended Ben Gerring, was able to clear. Smith looked to create more problems shortly afterwards but our back-line stood firm once more to thwart the danger.
An inviting ball in from the lively Connor Riley-Lowe looked to pick out Harvey but he was unable to make a proper connection.
With McHale off his line, Smith tried his luck from distance for the home side but he was well off target.
In an opening period of few opportunities, Harvey and Cooke linked up well once more to carve out a half-chance for Cooke who fired wide.
A long range effort from former Bath City man, Noah Keats, saw the ‘keeper gather at the second attempt under pressure from Harvey, who has also previously turned out for The Romans.
There was an acrobatic effort from Cooke after the home ‘keeper failed to get any real distance on his punch under pressure but he managed to deny Cooke having got back into position.
With the scoreline locked at 0-0 at the break, the first opportunity of the second period saw Ben Harding fire well over.
It was a bright start for The White Tigers and there was a let-off for the home side when Cooke rattled the woodwork with a headed effort.
The home side created a chance with 20 minutes to go when Stearn made progress before finding Compton who was unable to provide the finish.
A neat through-ball from Morton found Stearn in space and onside but his curling effort went narrowly wide of the target with ten minutes to go.
Some tricky play from Morton ended with him firing into the side-netting before Jarvis did well out wide only for his cross to evade everyone in the middle.
The home side were asking a few questions late on and a free-kick from Compton was on target but smartly saved by McHale.
In stoppage time, Ball received his second yellow card for the home side to see red following a foul on Rocky Neal but it ended honours even as we recorded our first goalless draw of the season.

WHITE TIGERS: McHale, Thompson, Riley-Lowe, Palmer, Hartridge, Richards, Lamont, Keats (Copp), Harvey (Neal), Cooke, Harding. Subs not used: Todd, Yetton, Palfrey.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Team sponsors


Club sponsors