Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Truro City Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

Truro City
Gloucester City
Sat 23 Dec 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - National League South Full time Attendance 523

Truro City 1 Gloucester City 1 (23.12.2017)

Honours even in the battle of the Tigers...

THE BATTLE of the Tigers ended all square as both teams played out a 1-1 draw in this pre-Christmas clash.
The early action saw Billy Palfrey make good progress before finding Tyler Harvey whose effort on the turn was saved by the ‘keeper.
At the other end a header from Williams landed wide as both teams searched for some rhythm in the opening exchanges.
A long ball forward picked out Harvey whose effort was blocked and as he managed to guide the rebound into the path of Cody Cooke, his effort was deflected wide with the resulting corner scrambled clear before Ben Gerring fired well over.
There was a willingness from both teams to get on the ball.
Jamie Richards was alert to end a raid from the visitors and set up a counter-attack which ended with Aaron Lamont firing wide of the target.
The visitors went close on 24 minutes when a corner was curled into the far post where Cundy got in front of Ed Palmer but his effort struck the side-netting.
Some neat play from The White Tigers saw Lamont deliver a cross onto the head of Cooke whose effort was easy for the ‘keeper.
Both teams were looking a threat on the break as the opening period went on.
An effort from Ben Harding was bravely blocked after more good play in the build-up from the lively Lamont but it remained goalless going into the break as the two teams were pretty evenly-matched.
The second half started with Harvey going close within seconds of the restart as his effort was pushed away by the ‘keeper and from the resulting corner, the ball was scrambled as far as Gerring whose strike was blocked.
At the other end, Tom McHale did well to deny Parker before saving comfortably from Chambers.
A long ball from Harvey found Gerring on the far side and his ball inside was picked up by Lamont who went close with his strike.
There was a good spell of pressure from The White Tigers as Harvey and Cooke linked up for the latter to deliver the ball dangerously to the far post. It was half-cleared as far as Billy Palfrey whose teasing cross was scrambled away.
The next chance saw a corner curled dangerously towards goal by Connor Riley-Lowe and as the ‘keeper punched clear, the ball fell to Gerring who failed to take advantage.
Despite us increasing the pressure, it was the visitors who went on to take the lead with 17 minutes left on the clock when Webb was brought down inside the area and Williams stepped up to fire home down the middle.
It was end-to-end stuff as we searched for an equaliser and we almost got caught out when Parker broke away to find Knowles in a good position but he blazed well over.
The White Tigers were able to level matters on 81 minutes when a neat move ended with the ball falling at the feet of Harding who lashed the ball into the roof of the net to give the ‘keeper no chance.
The visitors were posing a number of questions on the break in the closing stages as we were made to work hard in defence to keep them at bay.
We were also looking dangerous going forward and some great play out wide from Riley-Lowe saw his teasing cross find Cooke whose effort was superbly saved by the ‘keeper to keep his side on level terms.
There was a frantic ending to the game and despite The White Tigers looking the most likely side, it ended with honours even.

WHITE TIGERS: McHale, Palfrey, Hartridge (Keats 60), Palmer, Gerring, Richards (Neal 74), Lamont, Riley-Lowe, Harvey, Cooke, Harding. Subs not used: Yetton, Copp, Thompson.
GOAL(S): Harding

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Team sponsors


Club sponsors